How to Connect Alexa to WiFi? (Updated 2020)
In the following article, we will shed some light on how to connect Alexa to WiFi easily. The entire Alexa setup with WiFi takes just a few minutes of your precious time. Plus, it’s not as hard. Let’s enables the Internet on your Alexa. As it’s the pre-condition for Alexa to enable your voice interaction, streaming podcasts, sports channel, music playback, and news channels.
How to Connect Alexa to WiFi via App?
Alexa Echo devices run on dual-band WiFi 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio signals. You have to follow the handy steps for how to connect Alexa to the Internet:
- First of all, visit the ‘Google Play Store’ or the ‘Apple App Store’ to download and install the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- After that, go to the ‘Menu’ section to visit the ‘Settings’ option.
- Visit the ‘Device Settings’ option.
- So, now select your home WiFi network and follow the on-instructions.
How to Connect Alexa to the Internet without Alexa App?
If you don’t use the Alexa app and you want to connect your Alexa to the Internet, then you may have to follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- First of all, connect your desktop or laptop to your home wireless network.
- Now, run any web browser and visit the alexa.amazon.com website.
- Enter the default Amazon account login credentials.
- Hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- Visit the ‘Settings,’ or you can swipe down to the device’s screen.
- Select your preferred settings.
- After that, select your home wireless network that you want to connect Alexa to the Internet.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Important Note: In case of no network option, you need to visit the advanced WiFi options, and then select a WiFi network and ensure you have entered the correct passphrase key. In case there is no WiFi network, you have to scroll down to add a wireless home network.
Solved: Alexa Won’t Connect to WiFi?
Is your Alexa won’t connect to WiFi? So, here are some of the tips to troubleshoot Alexa won’t connect to WiFi:
- In the case of any error during the Alexa setup, you have to simply reboot your home WiFi modem and router.
- Try to reboot your Alexa and Echo device too.
- If there is no solution after the power cycle, try to perform a factory reset process.
- Check your passphrase key. Maybe you have changed your WiFi password, or you have entered the typos.
- Check your Alexa app version. Maybe you are using the older version. Visit the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store to upgrade your Alexa app.
- Check your home WiFi router firmware. Maybe it is outdated. Try to upgrade it.
Let’s Wrap the Content
Alexa is one of the helpful smart devices. Alexa is one of the great parts to ensure you can enjoy many facilities via the Internet. So, try to connect your Alexa to WiFi to enjoy unlimited entertainment on single voice command. If you have any queries left in your mind related to Echo or looking for some Alexa troubleshooting, feel free to get in touch with us.